1. Displacement was nominated for two Eisner Awards this year! I’m very honored and happy to see this book get this nice acknowledgement. It’s a story about people I love, and I love that this will help to spread the word about this book. There are so many incredible books up for Eisners this year, and so many talented creators, but if you’re in the industry and enjoyed it, please consider voting for Displacement in the nominated categories!
2. Something New comes out in ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK!!! I have a book release party scheduled at Challengers Comics and Conversation on May 5th at 5pm! 5/5 at 5! Come see me and eat baked goods and watch me do a reading whilst 8 months pregnant. I am gonna be so out of breath. More on this exciting impending book birthday tomorrow!
3. I did a series of comics for A.V. Club about 90s TV reboots! You can read the three-part series by CLICKING HERE.
4. I just wrapped up most of the artwork for this amazing children’s book I’m illustrating about the Apollo Mission programmer, Margaret Hamilton (Margaret and the Moon, by Dean Robbins). I’m really excited to see this book take shape, and can’t wait to share it!
5. I’ve been posting to my Instagram account quite a lot, lately. Follow me there to see rough sketches, pregnancy comics, and photos of the world’s softest cat. It’s been nice to share some of the doodles I make in preparation for new book and comic projects.
6. With my due-date a little more than a month away (!!!) I’ve been trying to close out projects and tie up loose ends. I’ve closed commissions, shut down my store, and stopped taking on freelance for the time being. I still have some exciting projects I’ll be working on right up to the day, but I’m effectively going on maternity leave in about a week. Pregnancy, much like drawing, is pretty tough on the back, it turns out. So I’ll bid farewell to regular studio hours until I get this momming thing figured out. I suspect I'll have a lot of comics fodder to work through upon my return!